PRE-HIRING FORMS & DOCS
HERE'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO NEED
BEFORE YOU'RE 100% OFFICIAL!
Once you've received an official offer
to become an intern,
we'll need you to locate, obtain, and bring
a number of things to the required workshop
on May 15 or May 17.
Required In-Person Workshop (options):
Monday, May 15
3628 W. Pierce St.
5:30 - 6:30 pm
Wednesday, May 17 (if you can't make May 15)
Newline Community Cafe
3618 W. Pierce St.
5:30 - 6:30 pm
So that you can prepare
what you need beforehand,
here's a detailed list of all the things
you'll need to bring!
#1 Tax & Employment Forms
At this workshop, we will help you and a family member complete a Federal Tax Form (W-4), a Wisconsin Tax Form (WT-4), and an Employment Eligibility Form (I-9). The forms are linked here but do not complete them before the workshop. There are very specific things to fill in and not fill in.
For all 3 forms, you will need to know your Social Security #.
For the I-9 form, you will need to bring the following documents:
EITHER a U.S. Passport/Permanent Resident Card
OR one from each of these lists:
(1) Wisconsin ID, school ID with photo, voter's registration card, Native American tribal document, school report card with address, OR doctor record with address
(2) Social Security card, birth certificate, Native American tribal document, OR U.S. Citizen ID card
We will take a photo of or photocopy these documents at the workshop to keep in your file.
#2 Work Permit
If you are under 16 years old
If you will be under 16 years old on the first day of work, you will need to obtain a work permit and bring it to the January 4 or 11 workshops (if possible), or arrange with TGG to drop it off or have someone pick it up.
You will need to visit a Permit Office location, a school location, or better yet, you can now apply online!
You typically need to have the following documents (though you may not need everything if you apply online!):
(1) Social Security card
(2) Proof of age (driver's license, Wisconsin ID, or birth certificate)
(4) Official Hiring Letter (the email we send offering you a position) that explains the nature of the job, the dates and hours, wages, etc.
#3 Bank Account
Official account info & direct deposit info
If you already have a bank account, you will need to send us the following or bring it to the May 15 or May 17 workshop:
(1) your official account information from your bank (with your name and complete account # and routing #), which could be a paper copy, a PDF, or a screenshot. If you can't locate a paper copy or find it online, call your bank and a representative will be able to help you.
(2) our TGG Direct Deposit form letting us know the account # and routing # into which you'd like us to deposit your paycheck. This gives us permission to do so.
If you don't have a bank account yet, you will need to open one:
(1) You can go to our partners at Educators Credit Union in-person OR do a video call during business hours to set up an account with them. They will waive the $5 fee for opening a checking account. You will need to bring or have ready all of the following:
(a) a picture ID of some kind
(b) proof of address on it (mail addressed to you, report card with your address, etc.)
(c) your Social Security number
(d) a valid email address
(2) Or you can open up a checking and/or savings account (we suggest both!) at a bank of your choice. What you need to bring may vary bank by bank, so make sure to contact them.
When you've opened up a bank account(s), you will need to send the following to Dominic Inouye (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring them to the May 15 or 17 workshop:
(1) your official account information from your bank (with your name and complete account # and routing #), which could be a paper copy, a PDF, or a screenshot
(2) our TGG Direct Deposit form letting us know the account # and routing # into which you'd like us to deposit your paycheck
ALL REQUIRED FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE JUNE 3,
WHICH IS YOUR FIRST OFFICIAL WORK DAY.
IF ANYTHING IS MISSING,
YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR OPPORTUNITY
TO WORK WITH US.